We need providers in West, South, North Lethbridge as well as surrounding communities. Rural Families are inquiring about care and we would love to help them find the child care they need!
Who We Are ...
Little Bear Dayhome Agency is an Accredited agency who has contracted with the Government of Alberta Child and Family Services to provide family day home services to Lethbridge and the surrounding communities. We are an inclusive program (open to children of all abilities) and strive to offer support and for our providers and quality care for our enrolled children.
The agency locates and enrolls all the children, however, the provider can choose to not provide service for a specific person, and has the option of locating their own clients as well. All children in your day home must be enrolled through Little Bear. Subsidy is available for parents who qualify. We offer references as well.
What We Look For ...
We are looking for providers who are educated, caring, love children, dedicated, fun, outgoing, punctual, patient, accountable and responsible. Family Dayhome providers are warm, nurturing, and offer a positive home environment where children can learn and thrive.
Some Of The MANY Things We Offer ...
- Early childhood Education Trained Support Staff available
- 2 Pay Days Per Month (1st& 15th)
- Infant Incentive paid to provider ($150 for a child under 19 months)
- Paid Vacation Days (Dec 24- Jan 1)
- Back Up care in other agency homes (when available due to space and ratio)
- Early Childhood Educator Sub for Back Up Care In and Out of Home
- Regular Support Visits
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire®, ASQ-3™ and SE™ Regional Trainer on Staff
- Attentive dedicated support staff that will help you reach your fullest potential
- Flexible office hours to accommodate families and providers
- Provide all forms and paperwork needed to operate day home
- Professional Development Opportunities (ECE Conference + workshops)
- Training / Mentoring with day home provider/ agency staff member available
- Training on Ministry Standards, Accreditation Standards, Agency Standards
- Open door policy for parents and providers at the office
- Access to Toy Lending Library during the day/evening
- Educational Resource Lending Library
- Picture Resource Files
- Parent Resources and Education Materials
- Accreditation Funding based on Education Level
- Program planning meetings if requested
- Advertise, locate and enroll children for your program
- New Client Screening/ Intake completed
- Guest Speakers and training at the agency monthly
- Membership to the Centre of Excellence in the Family Centre
- We complete all contracts, enrollment paperwork, and collect fee from families